Again I promised, again I delivered. Vacation pictures are here. Not strictly design related I know, but this kind of thing is what recharges creative batteries and inspires.
Here are the places in the pictures, and you get to guess which is which. Because why be straightforward when it’s more fun this way? That’s right, my design blog is full of fun guessing games. In order of visit, but not necessarily the order of pictures:
1. Theodore Roosevelt in North Dakota (2pics)
2. The Beartooth pass in Montana/Wyoming
3. Yellowstone mostly in Wyoming (2pics) (we avoided the grizzlies)
4. Grand Teton in Wyoming
5. Zion in Utah (2pics) (and no, I didn’t do Angel’s Landing. Next time. This time was just Hidden Canyon.)
6. Bryce Canyon in Utah (cloud to ground lightning here…be careful)
7. The drive on I70 from Bryce Canyon to Moab in Utah
8. Arches in Utah (2pics)
9. Canyonlands in Utah
10. New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, Colorado (employees here get a paid trip to Belgium for their 5th work year anniversary)
11. Rocky Mountain in Colorado (2pics)
12. The Badlands in South Dakota
Have fun matching up park and picture!
A poster on my kitchen cabinet.
In the midst of trying to be all relaxed about leaving town for a while, I inevitably start to get anxious about loose ends and realization dawns that I just can’t be THAT relaxed. Then I go overboard and do things like leaving this poster for my wonderful catwatcher friends detailing things that probably do not need it. Like where the extra silverware is. There are three drawers in my kitchen. I imagine Alison & Laura could somehow, just somehow, find the extra silverware if they needed to.
New to the poster this time: the handy overkill reference chart about pill amounts. One and a half or three halves. (I admit, I really just wanted to make a tiny chart. And also leave no stone unturned, can’t be careful enough, heavy guilt about leaving the 15-year-old cat alone for two weeks, etc.)
Something else that I spent way too much time pondering: whether to bring the narrow ace bandage or the wide. Guess how that one ended up.
If you can’t tell by my stick figure self in the pictures on the right, I am excited about this trip. A road trip with a dear friend through 5 to 8 national parks. Yay! Pictures will no doubt make it onto this blog at some point.